* The only city in the world located on two continents is Istanbul, which has been the capital of three great empires, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman for more than 2,000 years.
* The world’s oldest known settlement is in Catalhoyuk in central Anatolia, Turkey, and dates back to 6,500 BC
* St Nicolas – the original Santa Claus – was born in Patara in Turkey and has a church dedicated to him in Demre.
* Virgin Mary spent her last days in Selcuk, İzmir, near the ancient city of Ephesus.
* Leonardo da Vinci drew designs for a bridge over the G...